Quit dipping tips – Top six tips to help you quit chewing tobacco for good.
It is often a painful process to take an honest look at yourself. We don’t like to see our faults and shortcomings, but it is better to look, see and change than to never look at all. Be honest with yourself. Are you addicted to smokeless tobacco? Your addiction probably started very slowly, as is true with most addictions. You took a dip with a friend, and it tasted horrible, but it was the “thing” to do so you took some more. After a while you became comfortable with the taste and feel of the tobacco so you used it more often. Suddenly you began to need it. It was just the right thing for the moment. Certain activities or places triggered a desire for a dip. Eventually, it was not the place or activity that caused the desire, but the tobacco itself became the desire. You could not enjoy what you were doing, or even life itself, without tobacco. It is at this point that you realized it had you hooked. Panic may have set in. You knew you needed to quit chewing tobacco because it was controlling your life, but you just cannot live without the stuff. We created this list of quit dipping tips just for you.
Have you tried to quit chewing tobacco several times, but the longest you have been able to go without tobacco is only a few days? Did you start out with high expectations, only to see your goal to quit chewing tobacco for good fade away only after a few days? Did you feel like you would never be able to reach your goal? If you answered “yes” to these questions then it is important to understand your addiction and what is keeping you from being able to quit chewing tobacco for good. Below are some quit dipping tips from DipStop’s Quit Dip Program. These quit dipping tips have helped thousands of people just like you quit chewing tobacco once and for all. Click on any one of the quit dipping tips to be taken to another page with more information on how it is an integral part of the quitting process.
The Top Six Quit Dipping Tips
- The first of the quit dipping tips, and sometimes the hardest, is take an honest look inside your mind and understand how it drives your addiction. Learn to identify the false realities that your mind believes and learn to see how true realities are based on facts not feelings.
- Count the cost of dipping on your health, finances, personal life and relationships. Weight these against the advantages of quitting dip.
- Make the choice to quit chewing tobacco forever, but also make the continuous choice at every moment to not dip. Set a day to quit chewing tobacco and stick to it. Follow the step-by-step quit dipping timelines provided to help you through the day-by-day.
- Have the tools for success. Products like non tobacco snuff, herbal drops or other non tobacco substitutes are integral tools in the quitting process.
- Partner with someone who is familiar with your habit and has a desire for you to quit chewing tobacco. This could be your wife, girlfriend, brother or close friend. This person will be able to keep you accountable and encourage you throughout the whole quitting process.
- If you stumble pick yourself back up and still go after the freedom you desire from tobacco.
Visit our Resources Page for links to other sites with quit dipping tips.
Do you know of some other quit dipping tips that have helped you throughout the quitting process? Please leave a message in the comment box below to share them with others. This is a chance for you to encourage and help others struggling to quit chewing tobacco.