Aside from non tobacco snuff, other quit chewing tobacco aids have been found to help some people quit tobacco. While the exact way these things help in the quitting process is unknown they have been shown to help some people and are worth more research if you are looking for additional quit chewing tobacco aids.
- Prescription drugs– A number of prescription drugs are now being used as quit chewing tobacco aids to relieve the symptoms of nicotine withdrawal. You might want to discuss with your physician the possibility of being given a prescription.
- Hypnosis– A client is put into a hypnotic state to alter their addictive behavior through hypnosis.
- Acupuncture– Small, thin needles are inserted into the skin and manipulated to treat patients. It is done to restore balance and healthy energy flow to the body.
- Laser Therapy– Low levels of laser light are used to relax the tobacco user. This treatment is believed to release endorphins, which are the naturally occurring pain relief substances in the body. Laser therapy is claimed to balance the body’s energy to relieve the tobacco addiction.
- Herbs and supplements– Plants have been used for thousands of year to treat medical problems and addictions. However, they are not regulated the same way that traditional medicines are.
DipStop recommends their Nico-Free Herbal Drops as a quit chewing tobacco aid. These drops have long been used as a quit chewing tobacco aid to relax the nerves, relieve pain and purge the poison of nicotine from the blood. It is also used in the treatment of drug addictions and as a stop smoking aid. The symptoms relieved inlcude irritability, panic, cravings, muscle tension and stress. This quit chewing tobacco aid will help you relax and give you the confidence you need to get the nicotine out of your system. Recall that it only takes three days to remove the nicotine from your body. The herb will get you over this cleansing period with remarkable effectiveness. If you are one who tends to scoff at the use of herbs to relieve the symptoms of withdrawal, keep in mind that the tobacco you are so deeply addicted to is also an herb, which happens to contain nicotine. Many modern drugs are derived from natural plants known as herbs. The herb you will be taking is very powerful and effective, so do not discount the help that it provides.
The drops are safe to use with other quit chewing tobacco aids, like tobacco free snuff, toothpicks, or sunflower seeds. The day that you throw your tobacco away, begin using the herbal drops and continue to use them until the bottle is completely gone. Use 8 to 12 drops in liquid or by direct ingestion, as necessary up to 4 times a day. The FDA classifies the active ingredient Lobelia as potentially toxic if taken in large quantities so do not take it more than 4 times a day.
If you use the herbal drops in combination with other quit chewing tobacco aids you will probably be surprised how easy the first week will be compared to quitting without any help.
Click to go back to Tip #4: The Tools for Success
Smokeless Tobacco and How To Quit. American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/Cancer/CancerCauses/TobaccoCancer/SmokelessTobaccoandHowtoQuit/index. Accessed February 16, 2012.
Complementary and Alternative Medicine. American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/Treatment/TreatmentsandSideEffects/ComplementaryandAlternativeMedicine/index. Accessed February 16, 2012.